Call groups (sometimes known as hunt groups) are used to offer incoming calls to teams of people rather than to a specific person. For instance, sales, customer support, and reception desk are good examples of call groups.
This article will show you how to create a call group, assign a DDI, and add users as members of the call group. It contains the following sections:
Add or edit a call group
- Login to the Spoke Phone account portal and go to Call groups > Manage call groups
- Click the pencil icon to edit the default reception group (this group cannot be deleted)
- Or click + add group to create a new one.
- Enter a name for the group.
- We will show you this name when you get an incoming call for this group.
- If you are making a new group that you want on your voice menu (IVR) enter a number into the 'IVR key' field.
- If you want to hide this option from callers, leave this field blank.
- Click 'next', or if you are editing an existing call group, scroll down.
Assign a DDI (direct-dial-in) number to a call group
You can assign a DDI (direct-dial-in) number that calls this group directly, bypassing the auto-attendant / IVR.
- Scroll to the very bottom of the page and click on the orange 'link number' button.
- Find the number you want to assign to the call group, and click the edit pencil icon.
- Find the field assigned to and click on the current value to change this (default value is 'All Locations').
- Start typing the name of your call group, then select it from the dropdown list.
- Click select, then save changes.
Add users to a call group
- In the online account portal, navigate to manage call groups
- Find the call group you want, click the edit pencil on the far right.
- Scroll down to the panel "members who will get rung when people call this group".
- Click on "start typing to select users to add to the group" and start typing in the name of a user.
- Select the user from the list to add them to the call group.
- When added, the user will have call first turned on by default. When call first is on, this means that the user will be offered the call before anyone in the call group who does not have call first on.
For help with the next section 'Calling Rules' see the article:
Overview: Calling Rules