You can use your existing phone number as your outbound caller ID on Spoke Phone without porting your number over to Spoke Phone. This means when an outbound call is made you can always display your existing number or any phone number to the called party. To set up this, you will have to first verify your phone number on the Spoke Phone web portal.
Verify your Number(s)
- Login to your Spoke Phone account online.
- Go to Settings -> Numbers.
- Click on "Use Existing Number".
- Enter the number you wish to verify.
- If the number sits behind an IVR (interactive voice response) menu, enter the extension number so that the call gets past your IVR.
- We will show you a verification code on the screen.
- Answer the call and enter the verification code.
- It will take 60 seconds or so to complete.
After completing the steps above, you will see the number listed in the numbers page showing as (Verified on Spoke). The number is now eligible to be ported, and, ready for you to use as your outbound caller ID. To set the number as your outbound caller ID, see Outbound caller ID.
- Complex IVR/Cannot get to the phone that rings If you have a complex IVR or you are unable to answer the phone call, you may need to temporarily disable the IVR or divert the number so that our automated call gets to you.
- Adding wait time before dialing the extension Some IVRs may require a pause or wait before they accept extension keys to be pressed. If this is the case, you can add a wait time to the extension.
- When entering the extension number in the Spoke Phone screen above, add a "w" before the extension number to add 0.5 seconds of delay. See examples below if you were trying to dial the extension number '3'.
|No delay||1-second delay||2 seconds delay|