Zoiper is a free softphone for your computer that works with Spoke Phone by allowing you to take and make Spoke Phone calls via Zoiper on your computer. This article will show you how to set up Zoiper for use with Spoke Phone.
It contains the following sections:
- Download and install Zoiper
- Find your SIP authentication details
- Enter your SIP authentication details
Note: We recommend pairing Zoiper with the Spoke Phone app on your mobile phone so
you can access and use all the advanced Spoke Phone features that are not available
Download and install Zoiper
- Go to Zoiper's website and click on the Download menu.
- Download and install Zoiper5 for your desktop (eg: Mac or Windows).
Find your SIP authentication details
Your administrator should have emailed or sent your SIP authentication details.
The table below displays the three pieces of authentication information needed to log in to Zoiper.
|Authentication user name|
|SIP Server/Proxy address|
If you do not have this information, ask your administrator to add the softphone device to your account and provide you the SIP authentication details (instructions available here).
Enter your SIP authentication details
User name and password
- Open Zoiper - you should see the screen below.
- Enter the login details sent to you, in the fields shown on the image below.
- The green LOGIN button should now be active.
- Click the LOGIN button.
SIP Server/Proxy address
- Enter your SIP Server/Proxy address.
- When correctly entered the Next button will go green.
- Click Next.
Authentication and Outbound Proxy
- Skip this step unless your administrator tells you otherwise.
- Click Skip.
- Zoiper will test your network.
- One of these bars needs to go green.
- If none go green, contact your network administrator.
- If the Next button goes green, click it.
Close the Setup
- Ensure you get the green tick.
- Click the X to close the setup.
Watch the Zoiper training video to see how to use Zoiper.