Spoke Phone’s HubSpot integration syncs HubSpot contacts and Leads into your Spoke Phone, and logs all voice calls and text conversation details made on Spoke Phone against the customer record in HubSpot.
If users have Spoke Phone pro licenses, they are able to dictate call notes and Submitted forms and follow up after calls, which are transcribed into text and also added to the customer call record in HubSpot.
This article will show you how to set up and use Spoke Phone's HubSpot integration. It contains the following sections:
- Connecting Hubspot
- Data syncing
- Contact records
- Call records / logs
- Call notes and follow up
- Formatting phone numbers
- Call reporting
- Additional Information
- Paid HubSpot account.
- Spoke Phone account.
- Administrator access/rights to HubSpot.
- Administrator access/rights to Spoke Phone.
- Go to your Spoke Phone account portal online and login.
- Go to integrations > add integration.
- Select add on the HubSpot card.
- Follow the prompts:
- Prompt 1 is to connect your HubSpot user to your Spoke Account
- Prompt 2 will verify the connection and move to prompt 3 if successful
- Prompt 3 is to configure the Webhook for text transcriptions & Add to CRM functions
- Prompt 4 is to select the HubSpot user tasks & notes will be logged from (Ex. Spoke Bot)
How to setup your HubSpot CRM Webhook
- Select and Copy the full Webhook URL provided on the setup screen in prompt 3:
- Open the Add a Webhook section in Spoke Phone
- Click the Add Webhook button
- Paste the Webhook URL copied from the setup screen into the URL field
- Enter the Description: HubSpot CRM in the Description field
- Select the below 4 items within the Subscribed Events field
- Click on the Next button
- Click on the Save button
- Return to the HubSpot integration setup Screen and click Next after your webhook is saved and follow the remainder steps.
It may take a while to initially sync your contacts to Spoke Phone. Plan for roughly 1 hour per 10,000 contacts.
- To find HubSpot contacts in the Spoke Phone app, go to the external directory.
- Search HubSpot contacts from the Spoke Phone app using the search bar at the top of the app.
- When a call or text comes into Spoke Phone, if the corresponding phone number calling is found in HubSpot, Spoke Phone will display the customer's name.
- If more than one person is found having that number in HubSpot, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and let you know there are other potential matches.
- You cannot edit contact records in Spoke Phone (by design). You edit contact information in HubSpot and Spoke Phone will be updated within minutes. You can however update a record by using the Update CRM button in the Spoke App.
- Contacts that have multiple email addresses and phone numbers in HubSpot, will show and be searchable in Spoke Phone with/across all the email addresses and phone numbers.
Call records / logs
- If you have a call from a number found in HubSpot, Spoke Phone will add a call log to that person.
- If more than one person is found having that number in HubSpot, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and add a call log to that person.
- Call logs will usually be added to HubSpot a couple of minutes after the call.
- If the Spoke Phone user is also a HubSpot user, call logs will be recorded in HubSpot against their account. This requires that the email address for the user in both Spoke and HubSpot be the same.
- If the Spoke Phone user is not also a HubSpot user, call logs will be recorded against the default HubSpot user that you selected during the initial HubSpot integration setup.
Call notes and follow up
- If a Spoke Phone user dictated follow-up notes after a call, the notes will be transcribed into text and available in the call log for that customer in HubSpot.
- Transcribed call notes will usually be added to HubSpot a couple of minutes after the call.
Submitted Form Data
- If a Spoke Phone user submitted a Form, the form data will be available in the call log for that customer in HubSpot.
- The Form data will include the Form Name, Form Details & Payload Summary.
- Text Messages will be logged as Notes against the customer in HubSpot.
- The text message transcription will include the Day & Time, including the Spoke user and customer names to easily keep track of the conversation.
Formatting phone numbers
- Phone numbers in HubSpot need to be in the correct format.
- For numbers in other countries, ensure HubSpot users follow the best practice of adding international dialing code in the E164 format. Eg: +61, +1, etc.
- If phone numbers in HubSpot do not have an international dialing code, Spoke Phone will dial the number as though it is a local number to your Spoke Phone account. If your Spoke Phone account is based in Australia, Spoke Phone assumes that all non E164 format numbers in HubSpot are Australian numbers.
- Spoke Phone will attempt to fix bad formatting on phone numbers you have stored in HubSpot. For instance, adding country codes, inserting local dialing prefixes, etc. If Spoke Phone is unable to fix the formatting, you will need to fix the number in HubSpot.
- If you have HubSpot reporting enabled, you will see Spoke Phone calls correctly logged against your HubSpot users.
- This requires the Spoke Phone user to also be a HubSpot user, with the same email address used in both Spoke Phone and HubSpot.
- Calls with Spoke Phone users who are not HubSpot users will be logged against the default HubSpot user account that you selected during the initial setup.
- You can use the Add to CRM button during a call to add Contact records in HubSpot for Calls from unknown callers.
- If multiple HubSpot records have the same number, Spoke will select the first record found and provide you with a dropdown list to change the record if needed.