Spoke Phone’s ZohoCRM integration syncs ZohoCRM leads and contacts into your Spoke Phone, and logs all calls made on Spoke Phone against both lead and contact records in ZohoCRM. If you have Spoke Professional, employees are able to dictate call notes and follow up after calls, which are transcribed into text and also added to the customer call record in ZohoCRM.
Note: Your ZohoCRM instance customizations may require Spoke Phone
or your CRM partner to tune your integtration to get it working perfectly.
This integration is designed for ZohoCRM, not Zoho Bigin.
- Paid ZohoCRM account
- Spoke Phone Professional account
- Administrator access/rights to ZohoCRM
- Administrator access/rights to SpokePhone
- Log into ZohoCRM with a user that has full Administrator rights
- Go to your Spoke Phone account portal online and login
- Find Integrations on the side menu
- Click Add
- Select to add on the ZohoCRM card
Step 1: Select Connect your Zoho CRM
Step 2: Select Zoho Domain
Step 3: ACCEPT authentication
Note: This will say either BLENDR or SPOKE PHONE.
Step 4: - Click Ok
Then click Next
Step 6: Leads and Contacts
It may take a while to initially sync your contacts to Spoke Phone. Plan for roughly 1 hour per 10,000 contacts.
Lead and Contact Records
- To find ZohoCRM records in the Spoke Phone app, go to the External directory
- Search ZohoCRM records from the Spoke Phone app using the search bar at the top of the app
- When a call comes into Spoke, if the corresponding phone number calling is found in ZohoCRM, Spoke Phone will display the customer's name
- If more than one person is found having that number in ZohoCRM, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and let you know there are other potential matches
- You cannot edit contact records in Spoke Phone (by design). You edit contact information in ZohoCRM, and Spoke will be updated within minutes (depending on your Zoho API license)
- Records that have multiple email addresses and phone numbers in ZohoCRM, will all show and be searchable in Spoke Phone
Call Records / Logs
- If you have a call from a number found on a record in ZohoCRM, Spoke Phone will add a call log to that person in ZohoCRM
- If more than one person is found having that number in ZohoCRM, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and add a call log to that person
- Call logs will usually be added to ZohoCRM five or so minutes after the call. This can be altered
- If the Spoke Phone user is also a ZohoCRM user, call logs will be recorded in ZohoCRM against their account/user. This requires that the email address for the user in both Spoke Phone and ZohoCRM be the same
- If the Spoke user is not also a ZohoCRM user, call logs will be recorded against the default ZohoCRM user that you selected during the initial ZohoCRM integration setup
Note: Calls and notes will be logged ACTIVITY OWNER = The Spoke Phone user
that made the call. The ZohoCRM CREATED BY and UPDATED will always be
set to API user you selected during setup.
Call Notes and Follow Up
- If a Spoke Phone user dictated follow up notes after a call, the notes will be transcribed into text and available in the call log for that customer in ZohoCRM
- Transcribed call notes will usually be added to ZohoCRM within five minutes after the call
Formatting Phone Numbers
- Phone numbers in ZohoCRM need to be in the correct format
- For numbers in other countries, ensure ZohoCRM users follow the best practice of adding international dialing code in the E164 format. Eg: +61, +1, etc.
- If phone numbers in ZohoCRM do not have an international dialing code, Spoke Phone will dial the number as though it is a local number to your Spoke Phone account. If your Spoke Phone account is based in Australia, Spoke assumes that all non-E164 format numbers in ZohoCRM are Australian numbers
- Spoke Phone will attempt to fix bad formatting on phone numbers you have stored in ZohoCRM. For instance, adding country codes, inserting local dialing prefixes, etc. If Spoke is unable to fix the formatting, you will need to fix the number in ZohoCRM
- If you have ZohoCRM reporting enabled, you will see Spoke Phone calls correctly logged against your ZohoCRM users
- This requires the Spoke user also be a ZohoCRM user, with the same email address used in both Spoke and ZohoCRM
- Calls with Spoke users who are not ZohoCRM users will be logged against the default ZohoCRM user account that you selected during initial setup
- Calls from unknown callers do not create new contact records in ZohoCRM.
- If multiple ZohoCRM records have the same number, you cannot yet pick which actual person it is on the call.
- Call recording files (audio files) or links are not yet added to the ZohoCRM call record. This is a security issue for some customers, and we will resolve it shortly by adding more security options
- If you add additional voice notes to a call in Spoke Phone at a later date, they will not be added to ZohoCRM.