This article provides information on the Locations feature and gives an example of how this feature can be used to create GEO routing calling rules. It contains the following sections:
- Using Locations
- GEO routing example
- Missed call notifications
Locations are where your offices or people are located. Locations can be used to:
- Auto-route calls to employees who are closest to the customer calling in.
- Give customers a local number to call, which connects them to local employees.
- Group employees in the company address book.
- Implement multiple offices without having to set up complicated call trees.
- Work in conjunction with call groups, so that you can have one global team (eg. sales), and automatically route calls to sales representatives in the customer's region.
With traditional phone systems, customers are often kept on hold for long periods of time while the system "hunts" for people to answer a call. By offering a call to geographically based employees first you ensure local customers are given local support. However, if no one local is available, the Spoke Phone auto-routing process offers the call to all other salespeople globally, ensuring that customers are responded to very quickly.
Setting up locations for GEO-routing of calls
Prerequisites for geo-routing of calls
- You must have set up locations and local phone numbers for each location.
- Employees must select their location in their Spoke Phone App.
Step 1: Set up Locations
Follow the steps below to set up your [office] locations.
- Log into your Spoke Phone account portal.
- Go to Other > Locations
- Click Add locations to create new office locations
- Ensure your users have each selected their own location in the app.
Step 2: Set up local phone numbers for each location
- Go to Phone Numbers > Manage numbers.
- Here you will see the company numbers you already own on Spoke Phone.
- By default, company numbers are assigned to All locations.
- Add a local phone number for each of your office locations.
- Edit each number and assign it to the relevant location.
You're done! Now, when customers call in on any of these local numbers, calls will be automatically geo-routed to prioritize available employees in that specific location.
Missed call notifications
Missed call alerts for the sales team are sent to everyone on the global sales team to ensure the fastest call back for the customer.
As a user responding to a missed call, you can see what location the customer originally called.