You can add devices (desk phones, conference phones, common area phones, and softphones) to Spoke Phone using industry-standard SIP (Session Initiation Protocol).
These devices can be assigned to a user (allowing them to make and receive calls to their extension) or left as stand-alone devices, such as a common area phone.
Adding a desk phone or softphone device to Spoke Phone
- Log in to your Spoke Phone account portal online.
- Navigate to Phones & Devices > Add Device.
- Display Name. This should be a logical name such as 'Jason's Desk Phone', 'Kitchen Phone', 'Conference Room A", etc.
- SIP Device Registrar/Trunk: This should always be Spoke Phone
- Outbound calls? If this phone is to be a common area phone that can only call internal extensions, you will want to turn this setting Off
- Click Save Changes to save the new device
Getting the device credentials for use when setting up a desk phone or softphone
- Edit the Device in question
- Extension number: This is automatically assigned. You can change this.
- Want to assign the device to a user? You can assign this device to a specific Spoke Phone user by selecting their name here. Assigning a device to a specific user will remap the device extension number to be the same as the users, and the allow outbound call setting will be ignored.
- Note down the login credentials for use when setting up your device: