Spoke Phone’s Copper integration syncs Copper contacts into your Spoke Phone, and logs all calls made on Spoke Phone against the customer record in Copper.
If users have Spoke Phone standard or pro licenses, they are able to dictate call notes and follow up after calls, which are transcribed into text and also added to the customer record in Copper.
This article will show you how to set up and use Spoke Phone's Copper integration. It contains the following sections:
- Connecting Copper CRM
- Data syncing
- Contact records
- Call records / logs
- Call notes and follow up
- Formatting phone numbers
- Call reporting
- Known Limitations
- Paid Copper account.
- Spoke Phone professional account.
- Administrator access/rights to Copper.
- Administrator access/rights to Spoke Phone.
Connecting Copper CRM
- Log into Copper with a user that has full administrator rights.
- Go to your Spoke Phone account portal online and login.
- Go to integrations > add integration.
- Select to add on the Copper card.
- Click connect your Copper CRM.
- Email: Enter the email address of a Copper administrator or Super administrator user.
- API Key: Note the instructions on where to go in Copper to add a new API key.
- Go to the API keys area in Copper.
- Generate a new key.
- Name the new key Spoke Phone.
- Copy the API Key.
- Switch over to Spoke Phone, and past the API key into the API key field.
- Press SAVE.
- The data source is now linked.
- Press OK.
- Press next.
- Select the name of the default Copper user: This is the name that will be used as the default to log calls for your Spoke Phone users who do not also have a Copper account. This should be a Copper administrator or a specific user you created in Copper, such as "API User."
- Press next.
Your set up is now finished.
It may take a while to initially sync your contacts to Spoke Phone. Plan for roughly 1 hour per 10,000 contacts.
- To find Copper records in the Spoke Phone app, go to the external directory.
- Search Copper records from the Spoke Phone app using the search bar at the top of the app.
- When a call comes into Spoke Phone, if the corresponding phone number calling is found in Copper, Spoke Phone will display the customer's name.
- If more than one person is found having that number in Copper, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and let you know there are other potential matches.
- You cannot edit contact records in Spoke Phone (by design). You can edit contact information in Copper and Spoke Phone will be updated within minutes (depending on your Copper API license).
- Records that have multiple email addresses and phone numbers in Copper, will all show and be searchable in Spoke Phone.
Call records / logs
- If you have a call from a number found on a record in Copper, Spoke Phone will add a call log to that person in Copper.
- If more than one person is found having that number in Copper, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and add a call log to that person.
- Call logs will usually be added to Copper five or so minutes after the call. This can be altered.
- If the Spoke Phone user is also a Copper user, call logs will be recorded in Copper against their account/user. This requires that the email address for the user in both Spoke Phone and Copper be the same.
- If the Spoke Phone user is not also a Copper user, call logs will be recorded against the default Copper user that you selected during the initial integration setup.
Call notes and follow up
- If a Spoke Phone user dictated follow up notes after a call, the notes will be transcribed into text and available in the call log for that customer in Copper.
- Transcribed call notes will usually be added to Copper within five minutes after the call.
Formatting phone numbers
- Phone numbers in Copper need to be in the correct format.
- For numbers in other countries, ensure Copper users follow the best practice of adding international dialing code in the E164 format. Eg: +61, +1, etc.
- If phone numbers in Copper do not have an international dialing code, Spoke Phone will dial the number as though it is a local number to your Spoke Phone account. If your Spoke Phone account is based in Australia, Spoke Phone assumes that all non-E164 format numbers in Copper are Australian numbers.
- Spoke Phone will attempt to fix bad formatting on phone numbers you have stored in Copper. For instance, adding country codes, inserting local dialing prefixes, etc. If Spoke Phone is unable to fix the formatting, you will need to fix the number in Copper.
- If you have Copper reporting enabled, you will see Spoke Phone calls correctly logged against your Copper users.
- This requires the Spoke Phone user to also be a Copper user, with the same email address used in both Spoke Phone and Copper.
- Calls with Spoke Phone users who are not Copper users will be logged against the default Copper user account that you selected during the initial setup.
- Calls from unknown callers do not create new contact records in Copper.
- If multiple Copper records have the same number, you cannot yet pick which actual person it is on the call.
- To know more about using webhooks to log call recording files into ZohoCRM, please get in touch with our Sales team at Sales@Spokephone.com.
- If you add additional voice notes to a call in Spoke Phone at a later date, they will not be added to Copper.