Spoke Phone’s Active Campaign integration syncs Active Campaign contacts into your Spoke Phone, and logs all calls made on Spoke Phone against the customer record in Active Campaign. Users with Spoke Phone professional access are able to dictate call notes and follow up after calls, which are transcribed into text and also added to the customer call record in Active Campaign.
- Paid Active Campaign account.
- Spoke Phone professional account.
- Administrator access/rights to Active Campaign.
- Administrator access/rights to Spoke Phone.
Connecting Active Campaign
- Log into Active Campaign with a user that has full administrator rights.
- Go to your Spoke Phone account portal online and login.
- Find integrations on the side menu.
- Click add.
- Select to add on the Active Campaign card.
- Click connect your Active Campaign.
Step 2: Enter your Active Campaign base URL
Create a new API key in Active Campaign
- Navigate to the API section of Active Campaign by following the instructions written under the API Key* field in popup screen in Spoke Phone.
- Copy the API Key.
- Return to the Spoke Phone account portal, and past the API key into the API key field.
- Press save.
- The data source is now linked.
- Press ok.
- Press next.
It may take a while to initially sync your contacts to Spoke Phone. Plan for roughly 1 hour per 10,000 contacts.
- To find Active Campaign records in the Spoke Phone app, go to the external directory.
- Search Active Campaign records from the Spoke Phone app using the search bar at the top of the app.
- When a call comes into Spoke Phone, if the corresponding phone number calling is found in Active Campaign, Spoke Phone will display the customer's name.
- If more than one person is found having that number in Active Campaign, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and let you know there are other potential matches.
- You cannot edit contact records in Spoke Phone (by design). You edit contact information in Active Campaign. When contact information is edited in Active Campaign, Spoke Phone will be updated within minutes (depending on your Active Campaign API license)
- Records that have multiple email addresses and phone numbers in Active Campaign, will all show and be searchable in Spoke Phone.
Call records / logs
- If you have a call from a number found on a record in Active Campaign, Spoke Phone will add a call log to that person in Active Campaign.
- If more than one person is found having that number in Active Campaign, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and add a call log to that person.
- Call logs will usually be added to Active Campaign five or so minutes after the call. This can be altered.
- If the Spoke Phone user is also an Active Campaign user, call logs will be recorded in Active Campaign against their account/user. This requires that the email address for the user in both Spoke Phone and Active Campaign be the same.
- If the Spoke Phone user is not also an Active Campaign user, call logs will be recorded against the default Active Campaign user that you selected during the initial integration setup.
Call notes and follow up
- If a Spoke Phone user dictated follow up notes after a call, the notes will be transcribed into text and available in the call log for that customer in Active Campaign.
- Transcribed call notes will usually be added to Active Campaign within five minutes after the call.
Formatting phone numbers
- Phone numbers in Active Campaign need to be in the correct format.
- For numbers in other countries, ensure Active Campaign users follow the best practice of adding international dialing code in the E164 format. Eg: +61, +1, etc.
- If phone numbers in Active Campaign do not have an international dialing code, Spoke Phone will dial the number as though it is a local number to your Spoke Phone account. If your Spoke Phone account is based in Australia, Spoke Phone assumes that all non-E164 format numbers in Active Campaign are Australian numbers.
- Spoke Phone will attempt to fix bad formatting on phone numbers you have stored in Active Campaign. For instance, adding country codes, inserting local dialing prefixes, etc. If Spoke Phone is unable to fix the formatting, you will need to fix the number in Active Campaign
- Calls from unknown callers do not create new contact records in Active Campaign
- If multiple Active Campaign records have the same number, you cannot pick match the call to the record.
- Call recording files (audio files) or links are not yet added to the Active Campaign call record. This is a security issue for some customers, and we will resolve it shortly by adding more security options.
- If you add additional voice notes to a call in Spoke Phone at a later date, they will not be added to Active Campaign.