Spoke Phone’s Microsoft Dynamics integration syncs Microsoft Dynamics contacts into your Spoke Phone, and logs all calls made on Spoke Phone against records in Microsoft Dynamics. If you have Spoke Phone professional, employees are able to dictate call notes and follow up after calls, which are transcribed into text and also added to the customer call record in Microsoft Dynamics.
Note: Your Microsoft Dynamics instance customizations may require
Spoke Phone or your CRM partner to tune your integtration to get it
- Paid Microsoft Dynamics account.
- Spoke Phone professional account.
- Administrator access/rights to Microsoft Dynamics.
- Administrator access/rights to SpokePhone.
Connecting Microsoft Dynamics
- Log into Microsoft Dynamics with a user that has full administrator rights.
- Go to your Spoke Phone account portal online and login.
- Find integrations on the side menu.
- Click add.
- Select to add on the Microsoft Dynamics card.
Step 2: Select Connect your Microsoft Dynamics
Step 2: Log in to your Microsoft Dynamics account as an Administrator
- You will see the normal Microsoft login
- Log in to Dynamics
- Important: Login as a user with system administrator access
- TIP: It's a good idea to create a new Dynamics user called 'Spoke Integration User'. Give this user Admin/API access. This user will then be used to write records to the CRM.
- Once successfully logged in, you will see this screen.... click OK
- Then click Next
Set up finished
- You should now see this screen
- Set up is complete.
- It may take a few hours to perform the initial data sync from your CRM
It may take a while to initially sync your contacts to Spoke Phone. Plan for roughly 1 hour per 10,000 contacts.
- To find Microsoft Dynamics records in the Spoke Phone app, go to the external directory.
- Search Microsoft Dynamics records from the Spoke Phone app using the search bar at the top of the app.
- When a call comes into Spoke Phone, if the corresponding phone number calling is found in Microsoft Dynamics, Spoke Phone will display the customer's name.
- If more than one person is found having that number in Microsoft Dynamics, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and let you know there are other potential matches.
- You cannot edit contact records in Spoke Phone (by design). You edit contact information in Microsoft Dynamics and Spoke Phone will be updated within minutes (depending on your Microsoft Dynamics API license).
- Records that have multiple email addresses and phone numbers in Microsoft Dynamics, will all show and be searchable in Spoke Phone.
Call records / logs
- If you have a call from a number found on a record in Microsoft Dynamics, Spoke Phone will add a call log to that person in Microsoft Dynamics.
- If more than one person is found having that number in Microsoft Dynamics, Spoke Phone will pick the first person found, and add a call log to that person.
- Call logs will usually be added to Microsoft Dynamics five or so minutes after the call. This can be altered.
- If the Spoke Phone user is also a Microsoft Dynamics user, call logs will be recorded in Microsoft Dynamics against their account/user. This requires that the email address for the user in both Spoke Phone and Microsoft Dynamics be the same.
- If the Spoke Phone user is not also a Microsoft Dynamics user, call logs will be recorded against the default Microsoft Dynamics user that you selected during the initial Microsoft Dynamics integration setup.
Call notes and follow up
- If a Spoke Phone user dictated follow up notes after a call, the notes will be transcribed into text and available in the call log for that customer in Microsoft Dynamics.
- Transcribed call notes will usually be added to Microsoft Dynamics within five minutes after the call.
Formatting phone numbers
- Phone numbers in Microsoft Dynamics need to be in the correct format.
- For numbers in other countries, ensure Microsoft Dynamics users follow the best practice of adding international dialing code in the E164 format. Eg: +61, +1, etc.
- If phone numbers in Microsoft Dynamics do not have an international dialing code, Spoke Phone will dial the number as though it is a local number to your Spoke Phone account. If your Spoke Phone account is based in Australia, Spoke Phone assumes that all non-E164 format numbers in Microsoft Dynamics are Australian numbers.
- Spoke Phone will attempt to fix bad formatting on phone numbers you have stored in Microsoft Dynamics. For instance, adding country codes, inserting local dialing prefixes, etc. If Spoke Phone is unable to fix the formatting, you will need to fix the number in Microsoft Dynamics.
- If you have Microsoft Dynamics reporting enabled, you will see Spoke Phone calls correctly logged against your Microsoft Dynamics users.
- This requires the Spoke Phone user to also be a Microsoft Dynamics user, with the same email address used in both Spoke Phone and Microsoft Dynamics.
- Calls with Spoke users who are not Microsoft Dynamics users will be logged against the default Microsoft Dynamics user account that you selected during the initial setup.
- Calls from unknown callers do not create new contact records in Microsoft Dynamics.
- If multiple Microsoft Dynamics records have the same number, you cannot yet pick which actual person it is on the call.
- Call recording files (audio files) or links are not yet added to the Microsoft Dynamics call record. This is a security issue for some customers, and we will resolve it shortly by adding more security options
- If you add additional voice notes to a call in Spoke Phone at a later date, they will not be added to Microsoft Dynamics.