This article provides information on Spoke Phone's call recording feature. Spoke Phone can record phone calls in clear HD audio, and safely store them for future use in encrypted audio files.
It includes the following sections:
- Legal requirements
- Recording disclaimers
- Access to call recordings
- How long are call recordings kept?
- Enhanced call recording
What calls will be recorded?
The Spoke Phone call recording feature can be:
- Turned off for your entire company.
- Set to record all calls with no ability to pause or turn off.
- Set to allow users to decide which calls to record.
Each country, and in some cases each state, has different rules and regulations around recording calls. You must abide by the rules applicable to you and the places that you do business. The best way to start understanding your obligations is by doing a simple Google search.
While a lot of countries and states do not require you to announce to callers that you are recording them, Spoke Phone highly recommends that you 1) inform employees that you record calls, and 2) use Spoke Phone's in-built call recording announcement compliance feature and canned messages to always announce the fact that you are recording calls to every caller, on every call.
Spoke Phone's announcement feature tells people that they are being recorded and logs this for you. You can upload or record custom announcements, and choose to turn them on or off based on the type of call. For example, calls into the company, direct calls, outgoing calls, and conference calls.
Access to call recordings
- Administrators can see, play, and download all call recordings (for all users) from the account portal.
- Users who were on a call that was recorded, can see and play the call recording from the call history in the Spoke Phone app.
- Users cannot download or share call recordings from the Spoke Phone app.
- Administrators can use the Spoke Phone developer API to download call recordings for storage in private cloud storage, local servers, or other applications.
How long are call recordings kept?
Call recordings are stored on Spoke Phone's secure cloud servers for the life of your contract with Spoke Phone.
Charges for call recording
Call recording is not turned on by default. You can toggle the recording setting under the advanced section on your Spoke Phone account portal.
See also: How to set up call recording
Recording charges are billed per minute. This is applicable from the time recording starts and ends. All call recording charges are automatically billed in your monthly invoice. Call recording charges are 1Cent/Min billed in the local currency.
Feel free to query a recording with our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Enhanced call recording
For Spoke Phone customers with regulatory, compliance, or other security requirements, call recordings can be further protected by a variety of methods which can include: public-key encryption, storage on your network, PII data redaction from recordings, and more. Contact your Spoke Phone account rep for more information.