This article will show you how to use the locations feature to set up automatic geo-routing of calls.
It contains the following sections:
Prerequisites for geo-routing of calls
- You must have set up locations and local phone numbers for each location.
- Employees must select their location in their Spoke Phone App.
Step 1: Set up Locations
Follow the steps below to set up your [office] locations.
- Log into your Spoke Phone account portal.
- Go to Other > Locations
- Click Add locations to create new office locations
- Ensure your users have each selected their own location in the app.
Step 2: Set up local phone numbers for each location
- Go to Phone Numbers > Manage numbers.
- Here you will see the company numbers you already own on Spoke Phone.
- By default, company numbers are assigned to All locations.
- Add a local phone number for each of your office locations.
- Edit each number and assign it to the relevant location.
You're done! Now, when customers call in on any of these local numbers, calls will be automatically geo-routed to prioritize available employees in that specific location.