This article will show you how to improve call quality during a live call, by downgrading from HD (VoIP) to Carrier calling mode.
It includes the following sections:
How to improve call quality during a live call:
An unstable internet connection can affect your call quality. If this happens while you are on a call, we recommend improving your call quality by downgrading from HD mode to Carrier Calling mode.
To do this on a live call, follow the steps below:
- Open your Spoke Phone app to access the in-call options.
- If your phone is locked, unlock the screen to view all options.
Tap on the Fix call quality link to switch the call to Carrier calling mode.
- The caller will hear a message asking them to hold while we fix call quality.
- You will receive an incoming call to your personal mobile. This call will show as coming from your company number.
- Simply answer this incoming call and you will be reconnected with the original caller.
- Your call is now being made over the normal phone line and is no longer reliant on good WiFi or cellular/mobile data signal.
- When you make or answer your next call on Spoke, it will automatically be back in HD (VoIP) Calling mode.