To use Business SMS, a Spoke Phone user must have an SMS-enabled phone number assigned to their user profile. This process also gives the user a DID (direct-in-dial) phone number for voice calls.
Instructions for Spoke Phone Users:
- Ask your administrator to assign you an SMS-Enabled phone number
- Once assigned, please see: How to send SMS messages
Instructions for Spoke Phone Administrators
- Login to your Spoke Phone Account Portal online.
- Go to the Phone Numbers page, Buy New Numbers
- Search for and buy a phone number showing the SMS enabled icon
Assigning the SMS enabled number to a user
- Go to Phone Numbers -> Manage Numbers
- Search for the new phone number and click the edit pencil
- Assign the number to the user
- Let the user know they can now send SMS messages
The user now has an SMS-enabled phone number assigned to their profile and can send/receive SMS messages.