To use Business SMS, a Spoke Phone user must have an SMS enabled phone number assigned to their user profile. This process also gives the user a DID (direct-in-dial) phone number for voice calls.
Obtaining an SMS enabled phone number
- Login to your Spoke Phone Account Portal online.
- Go to the Phone Numbers page, Buy New Numbers
- Search for and buy a phone number showing the SMS enabled icon
Assigning the SMS enabled number to a user
- Go to Phone Numbers -> Manage Numbers
- Search for the new phone number and click the edit pencil
- Assign the number to the user
The user now has an SMS-enabled phone number assigned to their profile and can send/receive SMS messages.