This article contains information for setting and selecting your caller ID on the Spoke Phone app for desktop and mobile.
It contains the following sections:
Setting a Caller ID
- Click on the User icon
- Scroll down and click on My Caller ID
- Click on the Always show customers my Direct Dial number. (DDI/DID) option
If you do not have an assigned direct dial number you will not be able to select the Always show customers my Direct Dial number. (DDI/DID) option.
Manually selecting a Caller ID for a single call
- Tap and hold any button that you normally use to make a Spoke Phone call (within call history, the dial-pad, or your directory).
- After holding for ~1 sec, the call options screen will open.
- Select the number you wish to use as your caller ID.
- As soon as you select a number, the call will start.
- The call will be placed using that number.
- When returning an inbound call from call history in your app, Spoke Phone will automatically use whichever of your numbers the caller originally dialed, as the outbound caller ID for your return call.
- Note: If the caller originally dialed a number that cannot be used as Caller ID (i.e. Australian 1300/1800 numbers) the default Caller ID will be used.
- In Australia, it is illegal to use 13/1300/1800 numbers as outbound Caller ID. Any calls using these numbers as caller ID will not connect.
- When manually selecting a Caller ID, only numbers not assigned to users as DDI can be selected.