When Signing up for Spoke Phone you can choose to deploy Spoke to the your own Twilio account (the Twilio Cloud) or deploy to the Spoke Cloud if you do not have your own Twilio account.
If your Twilio account is a Free Twilio Trial Account, you will be restricted by Twilio when making calls, even though you may still have free credit given to you by Twilio.
Twilio Free Trial accounts have restrictions as to how they can be used. This guide lists the important limitations you should know.
If you are using a Free Twilio Trial Account, you will see this banner at the top of your Spoke Phone account.
Removing Twilio's free trial account restrictions
You must upgrade your Twilio account to remove the Twilio limitations so you can get more phone numbers and make calls.
Free trial Twilio accounts are given a small balance for limited testing. Upgrading your account removes these trial limitations, and any remaining free trial balance.
Summary of Twilio's free trial account restrictions
- You will be able to call into Spoke
- You will not be able to call out of Spoke
- You will be able to call between Spoke users
- Twilio will play a "Please upgrade your account" message on every call
- Twilio only allow one phone number per trial account
- All trial calls are limited to a maximum of 10 minutes - both outbound and inbound
- Outbound trial calls can only be placed to a validated phone number
- Incoming calls on a trial project can't be recorded
- Free Trial Twilio accounts cannot send SMS messages