You can customize the sounds, greetings, messages, and music in Spoke Phone, or use the default sounds and automated greetings. We recommend you personalize Spoke Phone to make it your own.
- Navigate to Settings -> Audio Library -> Edit.
- In the audio library choose the setting (such a company greeting or on-hold music) you want to personalize and upload a new file.
If you don't want to personalize, Spoke Phone will play automated greetings using our robot auto-attendant called Nina. Nina can speak multiple languages and is getting better and better at sounding like a human.
The audio library
The audio library is where you manage the messages and sounds available and used in Spoke Phone. There are two parts to the library:
- The library - a place where you upload and store all the sounds and messages that you can use.
- The audio selections - what sounds from the library are in use.
Adding custom greetings and recordings
You can upload customer greetings and music you have created or Spoke Phone can call you on your phone, and you can record your greetings live.
Here are three examples of how typical customers configure their caller experience.
No greeting, callers just hear ringing
|Goes to voicemail if no one answers.
Uses Spoke Phone default messages.
Welcome to XYZ, please hold...
|No options for callers to press.
Goes to custom voicemail if no one answers.
Welcome to XYZ. For Sales press 1, for Support press 2, enter an extension number, etc..
|Press an IVR voice menu option.
Enter a user or group extension number.
Hears the IVR menu replayed if they don't push any keys.
Hears music/ad messages while waiting for someone to answer.
* Hears custom voicemail greetings for all groups and users.
Audio Types and Examples
|Main Company Greeting
||A welcome greeting that plays when callers dial any of the main company numbers.
E.g. Welcome to Eze-Bike, and thanks for calling. Press 1 for sales, 2 for service, or press zero to talk to anyone else.
|Replay IVR (voice menu)
||Repeats just the IVR voice menu if the caller didn't select an option, or selected an invalid option.
E.g. Press 1 for sales, 2 for service, or press zero to talk to anyone else.
|After Hours Message
||Plays if callers dial outside of your set office hours. This message will play instead of your normal greeting/voicemail messages.
E.g. Welcome to Eze-Bike. You've reached us outside business hours. Please leave a message and we'll call you back.
||Plays after the greeting or anytime the caller waits for someone to answer. It can be music and messages.
E.g. <music for 15 seconds> At Eze-Bike we can get your bike up and running again. Book a service online at eze-bike.com <music for 15 seconds> Remember, we're closed on Sundays. <music, etc...>
||Plays when you transfer a caller or put them on hold. Can by music, messages, or a combination.
|Call Group greeting
If you allow callers to ring call groups directly and by-pass your main company greeting, this message can be played.
E.g. You've reached the premium customer support line, please wait while we connect you with an agent.
Note: If your call group is included in your voice menu (IVR) and has a Direct Dial In (DDI) number assigned, the call group greeting message will only play when people call the DDI number.
If your callers are routed to the group through your main company number and voice menu, they will not hear the custom call group greeting.
|Call Group voicemail
||Plays when a caller is routed to a call group and no one in the group answers. Use this to personalize call group experiences.
E.g. You've reached the Sales team's voicemail. We really want to talk with you, and we'll call you back ASAP. Please leave a message.
|Call Recording announcements
||Play legal disclaimers to callers so they know their call is being recorded.
E.g. This call is being recorded for training and quality purposes.
||Plays when callers reach a call group or user voicemail box that has not been set up with a custom greeting.
System default is: <User First Name> is unavailable. Please leave a message or press 1 to talk to someone else.
Click here to listen to audio examples.
Turn off the company greeting
Spoke Phone allows you the flexibility to turn off your main company greeting anytime. Follow the steps below to make this change:
- Login in to your Account Portal online.
- Navigate to Settings -> Audio Library -> Audio Library Selections.
- Under the main company greeting drop-down select "None".
- The settings are automatically saved and your callers will no longer hear the company greeting.
Record and replace a company greeting
Step 1: record a new greeting
- Login in to your Account Portal online.
- Go to the Settings.
- Find the Audio Library section and click the Edit button.
- Click on the Audio Library panel (shown below) to open the section.
- Click the Add button to the far right.
- Click the Add audio type? drop-down and select Main Company Greeting.
Step 2: Rename the recording
The recording has now been added. Give it a logical name so you can remember it/find it in the next step.
- Open the Audio Library panel again (if it closed).
- Select the drop-down View audio type and select Main Company Greeting.
- Look for a recording that has a CREATED DATE of today.
- Look to the far right and click the Edit pencil.
- Change the NAME to something logical.
Final Step: Selecting the recording to play as your company greeting
- Click on the Audio library selections panel.
- Drop-down the Main company greeting / Auto-Attendant field.
- Select the new recording.
- Click off the field so it is no longer red.
- Your new recording is live and will play to callers.
Test your New Recording
- Call your company's main-line number.
- You should hear your new recording playing.