This article will show you how to upload CSV file/s of company contacts so that users can see who is calling and easily call customers and suppliers by searching all records in the 'external' directory tab.
It includes the following sections:
- Correcting phone number formats
- How to upload contacts
- Columns in the CSV
- Search for uploaded contacts in the Spoke Phone app
Note: When you manually upload contacts, every Spoke Phone user in your company will
be able to see and call all contacts you upload.
Correcting phone number formats
E164 Phone Number Format
Phone Numbers in your CRM should begin with '+' as the prefix, not '00'.
E.g. +61 for Australia. This is the only way matches can be made with
incoming calls from the public telephone system.
Spoke Phone will try to automatically convert any of your local numbers by adding your country code to the start. For best results, we recommend using the international country code format for all your numbers.
If you are unsure of the correct country code for a number, a good reference is this Wikipedia page that lists countries and calling codes. Alternatively, use the table below for reference.
How to upload contacts
- Download your contacts from your CRM or another database into a CSV file.
- Go to your Spoke Phone online account portal.
- Go to Integrations and select Add integration.
- Find CSV upload and select Add +
- Follow the prompts to upload, map, and verify your CSV format and data.
Columns in the CSV
You can upload any .csv file with any set of columns as long as it has one contact record per row.
Our upload tool allows you to match each of your columns to one of the possible categories below:
|Phone Number - Work
|Email - Work
|Phone Number - Personal
|Email - Personal
|Phone Number - Home
Search for uploaded contacts in Spoke Phone App
Important: Uploaded contacts don't show in the External directory by default,
you need to search to see contacts you uploaded.
- Go to the Spoke Phone app.
- Tap on the directory icon.
- Tap on the external directory menu.
- Use the search bar at the top to search within the contacts you uploaded.
You can search across all fields - Phone Number, Email, Job Title, Company Name, First or Last Name, etc.
Swipe on a contact to call, send a voice note, or conference. You can also tap on a result to view all contact details.