Android phones have power and data saving features that are enabled by default and prevent VoIP apps like Spoke Phone from staying open, syncing data over WiFi/4G, processing notifications, and more.
This article will show you how to optimize your Android phone for the Spoke Phone app. It contains the following sections:
- Calls might not ring in the order you have set.
- Calls may not ring in time for you to answer.
- Calls may not ring at all.
- Missed call notifications and voicemail messages may get 'delayed' by your phone for a period of time (anywhere from 5 min to 24 hours).
- On longer calls, your phone may go to sleep and stop your WiFi/data connection - meaning the call gets dropped.
Battery optimization instructions
- Go to the apps area of your phone.
- Find the Spoke Phone app.
- Remove or white-list the Spoke Phone app from any battery management/optimization settings.
- Allow Spoke Phone to run in the background or access the data network at all times (*Wi-Fi and cellular data).
- Allow all notifications for the Spoke Phone app.
Getting additional help
Unfortunately Spoke Phone is unable to help you with your specific phone, as
there are literally thousands of make/model combinations. The internet is
your best source for instructions.