Carrier calling mode allows you to make and receive Spoke Phone calls using your mobile phone's cellular signal, instead of your 4G mobile data (LTE) or WiFi network. You can choose when and how you want to use carrier calling mode, depending on the quality of your current data environment.
This article will show you three different ways of using carrier calling mode to control the quality of your phone calls. It contains the following sections:
- How to use carrier calling mode for a specific call you are about to make.
- How to swap to carrier calling mode during a live call.
- How to use carrier calling mode for all inbound and outbound calls.
- More information
How to use carrier calling mode for a specific call you are about to make.
You can switch to carrier calling for one call you are about to make by popping up the call route screen as you place the call.
The table below shows you how to pop up the call route screen, depending on how you place the call.
|Spoke Phone app location:||How to pop up the call route screen:|
Dial a number on the keypad, press and hold the green call button
Swipe left on a contact record, press and hold the call button
|Directory (Contact record)||
Tap to go into a contact record, press and hold the call button
|Call History (List)||
Swipe left on a call record, then press and hold the call button
|Call History (Call details)||Tap to view call details, press and hold the call button|
In all the above instances the call route screen will popup allowing you to select carrier mode for this one call.
When the call route screen pops:
- Slide the call quality switch over to carrier.
- Select a number to place the call from (this will be your caller ID).
- This call will be placed using carrier calling mode.
- Your next call will return to HD voice mode automatically.
How to swap to carrier calling mode during a live call.
Sometimes you can be talking on a call and you lose Wi-Fi or 4G data, and your call starts to break up. If this happens, you can switch to carrier calling mode during a live call.
- Unlock your phone and go to the Spoke Phone app while on the call.
- Press the fix call quality button.
- The caller will hear a message asking them to wait on the line.
- Your normal mobile will ring and when you answer, you'll be talking to the caller again, but over your mobile phone's cellular signal.
How to use carrier calling mode for all inbound and outbound calls.
To turn on carrier calling mode for all calls:
- Go to the Spoke Phone app.
- Tap the user icon on the bottom menu.
- Set the call quality slider to carrier.
- Feature overview: Carrier calling mode
- Additional call charges for carrier calling mode
- WiFi and network requirements for good call quality