This article will show you how to add a desk phone or softphone device to your Spoke Phone account portal. It contains the following sections:
You can add devices (desk phones, conference phones, common area phones, and softphones) to Spoke Phone using industry-standard SIP (Session Initiation Protocol).
These devices can be assigned to a user (allowing them to make and receive calls to their extension) or left as stand-alone devices, such as a common area phone.
Add a desk phone or softphone device
- Log in to your Spoke Phone account portal online.
- Navigate to Phones & Devices > Add Device.
- Enter a Display Name for your device. This should be a logical name such as 'Jason's Desk Phone', 'Kitchen Phone', 'Conference Room A", etc.
- Set the SIP Device Registrar/Trunk to Spoke Phone.
- Configure permissions for Outbound calls. If this phone is to be a common area phone that can only call internal extensions, you will want to turn this setting Off.
- Click Save Changes to save the new device.
Edit and configure the device
- Go to Phones & Devices > Manage Devices
- Click the pencil icon to Edit the device you just added.
- An Extension number is automatically assigned. You can change this by clicking on the number.
- Assign the device to a user? You can assign this device to a specific Spoke Phone user by selecting their name here.
Assigning a device to a specific user will remap the device extension number to be the same as the users,
and the allow outbound call setting will be ignored.
- There are three fields containing SIP credentials:
- SIP Server/Proxy Address.
- Authentication user name.
- Authentication password.
- Copy down all three SIP credential fields - you will need to use these when setting up your device.