This article will show you how to add a desk phone or softphone device to your Spoke Phone account portal. It contains the following sections:
You can add devices (desk phones, conference phones, common area phones, and softphones) to Spoke Phone using industry-standard SIP (Session Initiation Protocol).
These devices can be assigned to a user (allowing them to make and receive calls to their extension) or left as stand-alone devices, such as a common area phone.
Experience working with IP addresses and knowledge of general technical setup procedures is recommended when integrating desk phones with Spoke Phone. For this reason, we recommend getting your IT team or contractor to assist you with the setup.
Spoke Phone is unable to offer assistance or support (other than the
information provided in help documents) in setting up and troubleshooting
Add a desk phone or softphone device
- Log in to your Spoke Phone account portal online.
- Navigate to Phones & Devices > Add Device.
- Enter a Display Name for your device. This should be a logical name such as 'Jason's Desk Phone', 'Kitchen Phone', 'Conference Room A", etc.
- Set the SIP Device Registrar/Trunk to Spoke Phone.
- Configure permissions for Outbound calls. If this phone is to be a common area phone that can only call internal extensions, you will want to turn this setting Off.
- Click Save Changes to save the new device.
Edit and configure the device
- Go to Phones & Devices > Manage Devices
- Click the pencil icon to Edit the device you just added.
- An Extension number is automatically assigned. You can change this by clicking on the number.
- Assign the device to a user? You can assign this device to a specific Spoke Phone user by selecting their name here.
Assigning a device to a specific user will remap the device extension number to be the same as the users,
and the allow outbound call setting will be ignored.
- There are three fields containing SIP credentials:
- SIP Server/Proxy Address.
- Authentication user name.
- Authentication password.
- Copy down all three SIP credential fields - you will need to use these when setting up your device.