This article will provide instructions on how to reset a user by deleting and re-inviting them to Spoke Phone. You may need to do this when:
- The user gets a new phone and the old phone remains registered on Google/Apple.
- The user's internet dropped while setting up the app or changing availability on Spoke Phone.
- The user shows as online but does not receive any calls or notifications when you call them directly via the Spoke Phone internal directory.
- Users app is so far out of date it is unable to be upgraded.
How to reset and reinvite a user:
- Log in to the Spoke Phone account portal online.
- Navigate to users > manage users.
- Search or scroll down to find the relevant user.
- Click the trash icon on the RH side of the table to delete the user.
- This step is for Android users only:
- Have the user navigate to app info for the Spoke Phone app on their phone.
- Go to storage & cache (or similar - naming will vary depending on device).
- Select clear cache.
- Select clear storage.
- Have the user delete the Spoke Phone app from their phone.
- Have the user restart their phone (turn off and on again).
- In the Spoke Phone account portal, add the user again, inviting them by email (not phone number).
- Have the user download the latest Spoke Phone app and log in using their email.
- Ensure Android users follow these Must do Android Optimisation steps.
- Ensure iOS users follow these Must do Apple Optimisation steps.
Note: Remember to add the user back into any Call Groups they belonged to
and re-assign any DDI (direct-dial-in) phone numbers or extension numbers.
See: How to assign an extension number or DDI phone number to a user