The Outbound Call Data Action Function allows you to intercept outbound calls and programatically interact/change the state or the call that is about to be placed.
When you set up Spoke, you set up company defaults for items such as call recording, the CallerIDs customers see when your team make calls, etc. Outbound Call Data Actions allow you to change this default behavior on a call-by-call basis.
Here are some examples of what you can do with Outbound Call Data Actions:
- When your Customer Support team makes a call to a premium customer, you want the customer to see your premium support line number calling. Rather than having to rely on your team knowing who is a premium customer and manually selecting the right CallerID before they call, you can intercept their call, lookup your CRM, and ensure the right CallerID number is selected.
- When a user attempts to make a call to a country or number you know they should not be calling, you can block the call from being made for everyone, or for that one user/group of users, but allow the call to go through for others. (E.g. Executives can call this country, number range, etc. but everyone else cannot).
Here's how it Outbound Call Data Actions work:
- User A in Spoke dials a phone number
- The Spoke Outbound Data Action calls some custom code (that you have written), and says to your code: "Spoke User A is about to call this customer number, and we plan on presenting this CallerID (ANI) to the Customer."
- Your code can then either: A) let that call go ahead as planned, or B) ask Spoke to:
- use this CallerID instead
- block this call
How to enable Outbound Data Actions
Please refer to How to enable Outbound Call Data Action